Friday, April 23, 2010

One of my FAVS...

Friends, I remember writing this at like 4am and feeling so AWESOME after getting it out! I love it and I think you will too...Enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's a newness in my soul
A rebirth of thought that is infiltrating deep
Into the taste of creativity that is quite refreshing
Quenching the very thirst in my heart
For the perfect words
Or whimsical phrase
To break free out of my membrane
And debut out of my speakerbox
Commanding the ear of the world
With a peaceful sound
There's a newness
A fulfillment of some sort
In the place of the lack there of
Overflowing with serenity
And preserving a secret place
For a peace of mind
Leaving me with a cool like that reaction
But inside a flame of curiosity
Ignites a desire for more
And feet embossed in determination
Guides me into this new era of thought
As I run with expectancy
Boldly jump in head first
And grieve of you not being here to take in this freedom
So we could share in this newness
Feeling so light
The weight of the world being off our shoulders
We begin to dance around the fire like the tribes before us
As a prayer for the rain
And bowing down before the throne
As an apology
For our wishful thinking being so futile
Believing that this state of being was
Was never tangible
Until now
There's a newness
The heartaches from heartbreaks
Have finally gone to rest in peace
And now a more grounded emotional foundation is paved
With sowed seeds of love
Rekindling hearts and stimulating minds
Allowing actions to speak louder than words
So as simple as a kiss to the sky
I present dissertation
In appreciation to God himself
As a result of the newness
Of a day yet to be discovered

No comments:

Post a Comment