Wednesday, April 21, 2010

"A Prayer for Tina"


So, this piece means a great deal to me because I wrote it for someone EXTRA SPECIAL in my life! Her name is Tina Skinner but I always call her TinaBina (pictured LEFT)...she is a big sis/close friend/spiritual support and then some! Her love for the Lord is truly amazing and it shows throughout her personality...I told her I would write a piece just for her and so I did and here it is...Enjoy :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Dear Lord
I pray that You please keep Your hands over this woman
full of beauty
this woman
whom You predestined for greatness
before the world came to be
who realizes that without You
she would accomplish not a thing
You give her every reason to sing!
I thank You for creating
such a friend, sister, and confidante
just for me
I love who she is
and admire who she is striving to be
this woman
who lays her life
alongside Your heart
persistent in her relationship with You
so that sin won't keep You two apart
she understands that it was real with You from the start
I thank You for her heart so precious
so precious
that only a chosen man
equipped with delicate hands
a humble spirit
and willing to pay attention to her every detail
could hold her forever
with Your blessing
a virtuous woman
who isn't afraid to let her hair down
and her soul glow
so that when the world gets a glimpse of her smile
Your love shows
giving thanks for her highs
and rejoicing in her lows
for she knows
in the midst of battle
lies ahead her victory
bless this woman of grace
whose laughter and encouragement
gives me strength
who holds onto Your word
like her last breath
because
You are the very air she breathes
and it's her faith-filled walk
that allows her to stand on Your enduring truth
because
Your peace is her countenance
and Your will is her choice
And Your glory can always be found in her voice!
She is amazing
So fun, loving, and kind
and because of Your glory
her light always shines
So glad she is a friend of mine
Thank You Father
Amen

1 comment: