Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Newest piece written last week...

So, while in my Africology class last Monday I was in the front row as always writing what looked like notes but instead...yep, it was a poem! I had been playing India Arie's song, "Beautiful" from her Acoustic Soul album all day and I felt so inspired that I simply couldn't pass up this opportunity for my creative juices to flow so I made a choice and I'm happy with it :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, to share it with you...Enjoy, Brit :)...p.s.: Take time out to listen to the song, it's beautiful!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beautiful
You paint a picture so beautiful
It must be magical
What you do
When you make music with your art
Fusing harmonies through interaction of every color
Beautiful
It's so beautiful
How you get me
You painted me the way you see me
Beautiful
I see the process of your creation
And I go weak
Even your stick figures give me chills
I'm onto your every stroke
Beautiful
Like the melody find its way to the Heavenly gates in my heart
I remember because
That’s what you played for me in my dream last night
You stayed with me well into the moon vanishing like a disappearing act
And before you departed
I tasted your rainbow
Your kiss bears enticing flavors
The pot of gold is buried in the tree of my heart
The tree
Where our initials are surrounded by the words “forever and always” can be found
Beautiful
The way you move my bang from over my eye
And embrace me, take me in
Smile
So Beautiful
I just wanna be nowhere and everywhere with you all at the same time
I wanna shield every piece of your artwork with my life
Because
It’s where I find my comfort
And your works
It professes so profoundly to me that
You love me
I’m beautiful
And
I’m yours
You paint me with wings because I take you higher than an eagle
You paint me with a halo because my love is Heaven sent
You paint me with flowers because what we have is growth
You paint me with child because of the strength required to birth such greatness and also a prelude to what the future holds for us
You paint me in black and white because you say my swag is classic
You paint me with a kangol hat and a mixtape because the every beat that I kick is fresh
You paint me with a crown because I am your queen
You paint me bearing my cross because you love the God in me
You paint me with music notes your heart beats the melodies I breathe
You paint me with color because every tone is a mere compliment to my being
You paint me how you see me
You see me beautiful
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
What we have is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Your trust is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Your friendship is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
The love we share is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Just holding hands is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
A simple kiss is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Our family will be beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Our future will be beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
Our current babe is beautiful, beautiful, beautiful
I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment