Tuesday, May 10, 2011

just a titch of inspiration I guess...

journeying alongside

my shadow

I noticed something

something

that made my stride stop

tempted my eyes

to drop

as I gazed upon

a small pile of

flower petals

fellowshipping by the

school of detox

that housed

the legendary streets of hardknocks

moments were passing

and in instant

I embarked

on a new mystery

me thinks

me thinks

someone was falling in love

or

the thought ran across the mind

I wanted to walk away

but

a tug in my heart wouldn't let me

so now the investigation begins...

was it the petal that laid

so gracefully at the top

that held the final decision

or is it the one

you know that one

buried beneath the surface

as if holding onto the matter

of the heart

like the greatest untold secret

what was the answer

"he loves me"

"she loves me not"

maybe this was just a way

a way

to leave one's mark

just to say

I was here

you never knew me

and

may never come to know me

but you will know

I was here

and now I know

that these petals

serve more than

just a coincidental purpose

i suppose

like the concreted heart

that birthed out a rose

and just when

I thought there was

more to covey

the wind swept you all away

I guess it was

the motivation needed

to carry on with my day

so with that

I took a deep breath in

sigh...

sad face...

it seems I will never

come to know the truth

so I will pack up

my curiosity

and try to make up

for wasting time...


No comments:

Post a Comment