Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Just A Free Write 4-11-11

Daydreaming

About a life

Less ordinary

Because

Whatever I'm living

Doesn't seem to be

Hitting it right

Ya know?

So

I close my eyes

And see deep until

I begin to

Chase the clouds

And It is there

I dream

And soon

You appear.

It's really you

Hmmm

I recall your scent

So full and alive

Exciting every sensory

I possess

That lay dormant

In disguise.

I shy away

As I begin

To remember you

Let me be honest

With you

Avec moi

I never forgot

I hold on tight

To those memories

Like

Your kiss

Upon my lovely bones

Bidding me that

Farewell

That was never

Goodbye forever

Yet

Your disappearing act

Said it all.

I remember you

All of you

The effortless way

You bring along

Nothing more

Than a predictable

Element of surprise

Leaving me

Desolate

Disappointed

Unfulfilled

And still

Wanting more...

Why do I even bother

Thinking about you

When the rolling stone

That was once my heart

Desperately creates these

Fabricated sweet dreams

To shield

The reality

of these

Sour times

Whenever

You whirl back

Into my life

Like the wind

Then desert me

Dry and high

My mind intoxicated

By the inconsistency

Of your consistent lies

And then only way

To prove you are

The culprit

Is to trace my

Tear lines

Where you left me behind...

Why do I waste

My dreaming

On you?

Oh foolish girl

Snap back

Into reality.


No comments:

Post a Comment