Tuesday, April 27, 2010

COLLABO PIECE #1

There is this guy of who I have been friends with for a few years now and he is an awesome poet as well. His name is Christopher Cole and from time to time we should share our poetry with each other and either he or I would randomly send an email or text with something and look for the other to add to it...this piece is the result of one of those moments lol...Enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Freer than the rainbow

That lucks my soul

After the storm

More fulfillment than

The smell of rain

Pouring into my being

Adding to my whole

There my heart finds

Warmth within the

Folds of the pot of gold


The riches only the unwealthy can appreciate

Duplicate the change through time

From the depths of dusk

To the glowing sun shine

I smile because I feel complete


There's no better feeling...

Sharing in the like minds

Of the unmaterialistic

And finding security

In life's lessons and comfort

Nature's authority

Upholds integrity like a bed of roses


The organic smell manufactured

But man didn't factor in that originality

Of individuality

In its simplicity

Possesses the power to maintain our complexity


Complexity

Where beauty always takes form

Away from the norms of everyday life

This being is a free-spirited element

Only requirement is to feel

And be allowed liberty to simply be


Quickly flee

From the captivity

Of the politically correct

Purposefully long

To be purposely wrong

As long as it feels like the right

Direction

With constant inspection

For personal inflection of voice


My voice allows wrong to be right

Makes the piercing into the new day

Feel like a sleepless night

Allows my weakest link

To conquer in might

In spite

Of what I have been made to believe

Because what I see

Is a new in me

See

I shape perspective

With the touch of my words

My microphone is my life

My stand is my foundation

My amp rocks the world

A thousand times before i even speak

Piercing past the miles

Into infinity

This is me

Listen up


As I sing to you.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brit this Akira I really like this piece, just beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwwwww thanks Akira! I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete