Thursday, July 1, 2010

Something I just wrote like now...

Over time
I became acquainted with many "right nows" and "in the moments"
But
I grew up with forever
Swore to the grave
We would always remain for whatever
Even if we weren't together
And no matter where the distance pulled us
He always had my mind
Just stuck right there in the part of my membrane
When I needed a visual look back at a smile to keep me sane
Forever knew his purpose
So it was there where he remained
See
He was always on mind
And when he would physically return back to me
We would sit and reflect on our last time
Together that is
Just shooting the breeze
Restitching the open wounds of the fabric of our lives
Until we finally caught up with the zzzzzzzz
Waking up to ponder things like
What if serenades were more than just melodies of passion
What if they adapted more depth?
Well
I didn't know there was anything deeper than the heart
And adding to it a few mere harmonic notes would only express
What could be seen from an ocean view
Turning sea deep into knee deep when we finally uncover the truth
And gazing about the Amistad that enslaved the pride of our people
All people
And dressing them in chains right up to the present time
To show that although we have come a mighty long way
And with all these accomplishments
We are still so far behind
Bottles my mind
What if every answer that took a life's worth of thinking could be simplified and figured
In the pulse of one single heart beat?
Or
Who else in the world of everyday living
Is taking time out of their ever-flowing lives
To sit and ponder such things as these?
The time is right now
And I'm laying on a mountain of grass
Just shooting the breeze
Catching some zzzzzz
And feeling at ease
With forever...

4 comments:

  1. You have quite the know how and the heart to write beautiful and inspirational poetry with little of no effort. You truly are gifted. Your an amazing poetess that I forsee going far as you want to go. Your gifted with a gift and the prize is your work and knowing you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. follome pleases your blog is nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! I surely will and become a follower of my blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brit you write beautifully, with so much emotion. Always you have a smooth and soothing melody in your work crafted with love. I love your work. God bless you dear lady.

    ReplyDelete