Thursday, July 1, 2010

Free Write As Always...

I jumped head first into a sea of unforgettable memories
You were nowhere to be seen
Maybe I was never looking for you
And somehow
The disposition of not thinking about of you made you cross my mind
And here you are
I should really stop doing that
I used to have this curse of talking people up
Now with you apparently
Just the thought sent you my way
And here we are
I mean
Don't take it personally
But we both are aware that
I have a dirty mind
Filled with cluttered thinking that distracts me
Distracts me from the reality of facing what I feel for you
I wonder if it may be pity
I'm sure your picture is just buried under those pile of clothes
I had been meaning to tend to for some time now...
Yeah, just look over there in that corner in search of yourself
As I plot my escape out of the awkward conversation
We seem to keep engaging ourselves into
I'm through with it
And kinda sorta really getting sick of you
Or maybe I'm just sick of me
Sick of the me that insists on dealing with you
Even though I only end up disappointed in the end
Oh now I remember what I did with your picture
I made it into toilet tissue
So when loving you became an issue
I knew just what to do to rid me of your foolishness
Get the drift?
Take this last roll and a truths and be on your way
And please vow never to come back
Not even if you happen to cross my mind again...

1 comment:

  1. Great writing as usual but theres a few spots you should tend to. "Take this last roll and a truths and be on your way" this line could have more power if you said, "I'm sure your picture is buried under those piles of dirty clothes". The first line I mentioned needs to be addressed then second is a suggestion. Your a amazing and spirit driven poetess, love what you do..

    ReplyDelete