Thursday, July 1, 2010

Free Write @ 5:25am

I would invite you in
But
I'm in the process of renovating
See because
There is this hole in the wall
This hole
That speaks
Funny how it sounds just like you
Sometimes it cries
And surprisingly
It sounds just like me
It pleads in desperation
To be mended
And rid of the past
Unfortunately
Not even the strength in my tears
Can restore what has been broken
So
I'm giving in and calling a professional
To finally shut this hole in the wall up
For good
And restore he what order has been lost
For so long
That hole is annoying
And pointless
All it reflects on is the last time
You remember the last time
When you were here
Even when I try and forget
I am reminded every time I walk past that hole in the wall
It holds secrets
Many secrets from lies you told
And it reminds me in your voice
Of how foolish I was to believe
I'm sick of the constant reminder
That you were here
You know
That hole in the wall
Holds conversations with me
Asking, "is that a birth mark on the side of your face"
It mocks me
I reply, "it is a mark birth by hatred raised up in an insecure boy that never fully developed into a real man"
It calls out to me in the middle of the night
"Get me another drink you sad excuse for a woman"
It taunts me
Because
Every time I encounter this hole in the wall
I am reminded of how you distorted a happy home
Truthfully speaking
I am reluctant to invite you back in
In fear of you befriending
That which makes this place unbearable
And find you retreating to your wicked ways
And I
Mourning the failure at your next attempt
To subdue your spiteful place
And begin to manifest another abstract masterpiece upon my face
And my soul has grown way past weary
Of enduring your fists of fury
I am well prepared for this moment
So
I shouldn't be too worried though
I made sure to change the locks
No longer do you hold the keys to my heart
But
In the event that you do
Indeed make it past the doors
I will be ready
And invite you with open arms
With your favorite drink in my hand
And my blade of glory behind me
So that you may drown with your bittersweet misery
And poor taste in cheap liquor
Or just fall victim to a fatal mistake
It's all fair game now
Rest assured
If you ever get back in
You won't leave whole
You will die in this house of nothing
You built with your own two hands
And I
I will feel no guilt
I will search out a way to redeem myself
Maybe I could fill your remains
In that hole in the wall
Shutting it up for good
And bask in the joy of silence
Finally mended
At peace
And at ease
That would be a lot cheaper than calling in a professional
Oh, I'm sorry
Are you sure you would like to come in?

No comments:

Post a Comment