Monday, May 16, 2011

Free Write Yesterday...

I’m angry
And with every moment that passes
I’m finding myself screaming out
In dismay
Hoping it reaches out
To the ear of the masses
All because of you
So no matter how hard you try
Using and abusing the smoothness
Of the limited vocabulary you possess
As soothing as you aim be
You can’t tame me
Trying to use your kisses to sedate me
And form a treaty with my counterparts
So it won’t look like a plot to rape me
Move on with your bs
Because
The only success you will have tonight
Will be at what level can you exceed to fully
Irate me
No! Don’t you dare!
Don’t even attempt to wrap your arms around
This cold, stony heart of mine
This is not the time
I’m not the one
And this truly isn’t the place
So I advise you to get up out of my face
And go find yourself a new location to dwell
Because I need some space
Giving side eyes to the 6 o'clock news
Bewildered at the weatherman
Who is clouding my judgment
It's not his fault
For even he couldn't predict
That flood that unknowingly
Infiltrated the paradise
That was my heart
I wish I would have prepared
For this rainy day
Talk about a natural disaster
All because of you
So just leave my key
See yourself out the door
To you this is my only given grace
And before you leave
The next time
You attempt to lead a double life
While the next one devotes all of herself
To being the perfect wannabe “wife”
Try not to leave a trace.

No comments:

Post a Comment